Capture and replay of IR data

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Capture and replay of IR data
  • From: Williams Sean SD <Sean.Williams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:57:09 +0100

I know this subject has been raised before, but can anyone help me?

I am using the Stamp 2 uProcessor to control the local interfaces to my
HA system. Each interface talks back to a central PC via the mains
carrier, and has a 2 x 16 character LCD matrix display and a few
function buttons. Mains appliances and heating etc are controlled via
standard X-10 (which I have had installed for a couple of years).
Additionally each local interface has 8 relay outputs, 8 opto inputs and
2 analogue inputs (for temp sensors, etc). The PC is running MS Windows
and VB4, and the software on the PC controls the whole system.

The last thing however that I would like to build in is the ability to
capture and reply IR commands from standard remote handsets, One-4-All
style. To do this I would need to interface the Stamp2 to an IR
receiver, process and convert the data into manageable packets, store it
and be able to 'reply' it via IR LEDs. This is my sticking point; has
anyone else attempted this with any degree of success? The Stamp2 chip
is a very powerful device, and in most other respects is very easy to
interface to, but I have been unable so far to find any information on
how this could be achieved.

Any guidance or pointers that anyone could give me would be gratefully
received.

As my project moves on I would be happy to share my experiences with
anyone interested - just let me know!

Cheers...

Sean

Sean D Williams