RE: RE: Dr. John's Lighting System

  • To: "'ukha@xxxxxxx'" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: Dr. John's Lighting System
  • From: "Dr. John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:23:45 +0100

What processor are you going to use ?

What network did you have in mind ?

Had you any protocol in mind ?

I am thinking of optically isolating the triac firing circuit from the
control side (16C65) have you any thoughts on this you have obviously
looked at commercial units, the one's I have seen have no isolation, and I
am worried one fault could Zap the lot ?

The big problem I have is time, I spend most of my spare time renovating my
house (1st baby due in Jan) and when I do get some time to write some code
it takes me three hours to figure out what my existing code does !
Although I hope that will all change, my prototype is in assembler and I
am going to switch to C so that I can maintain the code, to make the
transition easier I bought my self a ICEPIC.

My 4x4 keypad has up and down on each channel (8 buttons) and 4 scenes (4
buttons) leaving 4 spare for coms to other controllers on the network.