RE: No Subject

I am also involved with 240V 50Hz down under, but in New Zealand, not
Australia. I agree with Bryce that Cebus is the system to go for in the
future, but it is not practical yet. So few modules are available and at
such a horrendous price, X10 is the only way to go for appliance and light
control in an existing house.

As for controlling HA, Home Vision works fine. Personally, I use a basic
fulltime obsolete 486 running ECS (Event Control System) software from
Omnipotence (USA), Dos, Bigmouth telephone card, Lynxport for computer
interfacing of X10, analogue & digital inputs and relays, and Smartlinc
X10
- IR interface. I am not a programmer, but I find this setup does anything
with excellent backup from the software developer, Mark Gilmore. Basic 240V
X10 units are available quite cheaply in NZ, and most US stuff is easily
modified for 240V .We don't have to worry about CE approval!

Cebus will be fine eventually, but not yet.

UK