RE: AV over CAT5

Hi Judith

I have designed units to send Stereo AV with IR data over a CAT5 cable.
I have also build a Video Switcher which can function as the hub.
My ultimate aim is to get the designs perfected and have some PCB's
professionally made so that I can produce them easily.

At the moment the 5 sets that exist are hard wired on Veroboard and take
about 5 hours each to build :-((
With proper PCB's it should be possible to build one in under 15 minutes.
I estimate the cost to be around 20 - 30 UKP per set.

Mark McCall saw the very first prototype back in January and I still havent
got
the PCB design done. (Just lack of time)

I also now have a working SVGA version which is in use at work driving a
37"
monitor located approx 170 metres from the PC.

Keep an eye on my website for more details....hopefully very soon :-)
You will also find many useful tips on wiring along with my ideas on
Home Automation.

http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

All the best

Keith

All

Can anyone provide me with a LAY PERSON'S guide to Cat 5 cabling?
Am I able to distribute audio and video using standard Cat 5 linked to
simple control hub?

Judith