RE: Stargate

Yes, I have considered HomeVision But the problem I have with it is no
second serial port, I have almost finished my prototype for a light control
system and a low voltage keyboard's. My house is now wired for it and I
want a front end. My wife also likes the idea of using the phone keypad to
trigger events rather than the TV. I know Stragate's Caller ID does not
work, but I think the intercom, and keypad control should work although I
am waiting to hear conformation.

The reason I have gone for hard wire is that I have gutted my house and
completely renovated it so it was easy to hard wire, I also am not happy
with X10's reliability of transmission, hoping a ride on mains may have
compatibility problems later and last but not least lamp control tends to
be a bit basic with brighten and dim commands.

If HomeVision had the second port preferably RS485 then I would use it
because it is going to cost less.

John