Re: Video cards with composite video outputs?

On Fri, 04 Sep 1998 14:05:05 +0100, you wrote:

>Or other suggestions for getting text out of my PC onto a TV screen?
>
>Patrick
This is something I'm very interestred in after getting a cheap
(80ukp) TV/ Teletext card. After years of waiting for page 499 1 or 12
to arrive, suddenly _every_ page is downloaded once and cached giving
instant access! Unlike the WWW, this source of information is free
when on-line which is a real plus.

With an old PC next to the telly, I can probably get both instant
access Teletext and play MP3 compressed audio files into the HiFi.
Maplin do a IR remote with a mouse stick for 30ukp-ish which would be
just the job.

What would be great would be a card with video in/ out, teletext and
NICAM stereo. Happauge do somehing like this, but I don't think it'd
drive a SCART TV- anyome tried this?

James

PS If MP3 means nothing, investigate www.mp3.com to see how to piece
together an unlimited software jukebox.=20
---
James Derrick    james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, Near Newcastle, =
England
Forwarding Service: jderrick@xxxxxxx
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were =
young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.