(Fwd) [HOMEVIS] New HomeVision Accessories

  • To: ukha@xxxxxxx, ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: (Fwd) [HOMEVIS] New HomeVision Accessories
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:25:59 -0000

Hi All

I'm sending this out to both the Announcement and Discussion UK
Home Automation Lists.

Please find below the official press release from CSI on the new
HomeVision accessories (as announced on the UKHA Hot News
page on 19th October 1998)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
------------------------

We=92re pleased to announce that we are adding three new accessories to ou=
HomeVision home automation product line.  These add the most requested
features which HomeVision lacks:  additional serial ports and a phone
interface.  They can easily be added on to an existing system.   They are
now in the final design phase and should be available in the first quarter
of next year.  We'll provide more information as we get closer to releasin=
them.  The products are:

HomeVision-Serial

- Adds an additional serial port
- Supports baud rates of 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, and 19200
- Has all the capabilities of the built-in serial port
- Connects to HomeVision through the expansion board connector
(expansion boards can still be used)
- Up to two can be connected to HomeVision (giving three serial ports
total)

HomeVision-Phone

- Receives touch-tone (DTMF) inputs from any phone inside or
outside the home
- Any sequence of tones from a user can trigger any action(s)
- Tone numbers can be placed into variables so the user can enter
numbers like temperature settings
- Can transmit touch-tones to user to confirm actions or report other
conditions
- Detects and counts phone rings
- Detects on-hook and off-hook conditions
- Connects to HomeVision through the expansion board connector
(expansion boards can still be used)

HomeVision-Phone/Serial

- Includes all the features of HomeVision-Phone and
HomeVision-Serial in a single device

Thanks,

Craig Chadwick
President
Custom Solutions, Inc.
mailto:csi@xxxxxxx
http://www.csi3.com
HomeVision: Home automation controller with two-way X-10,
two-way IR, 24 I/O ports, over 50 video screens
on your TV, and much more ...

-
Mark@xxxxxxx
Visit The UK Home Automation Site at...