Re: iButton home control

At 19:39 11/11/98 GMT, you wrote:
>get the temperature sensor working over the length of Cat3 UTP cable
>from my house to the shed (150m tops). A brief look with an
>oscilloscope shows the signals are being massacred by the long cable
>lengths.

That is fairly long though!  ibutton Application note 55 suggests various
ideas for running long cables (up to 350m) and has more spec on effect of
capacitance etc so you can figure out if your idea should work.  Did you
have a pullup resistor (about 1-2k)?

>The idea is sound and there are Linux drivers, just be cautious with
>cable lengths.

I am expecting the maximum run in my house to be about 30m, which would
seem to be handled easily by the microLAN...

Nigel
--
Nigel Orr                  Research Associate   O   ______
Underwater Acoustics Group,              o / o    \_/(