RE: OT ATI AIW Radeon

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT ATI AIW Radeon
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 01:31:31 -0000

NO problem, hope you get it sorted.

Hmmm, HV webpage, not having a HV, I don't know if this is a http server
built into HV, or a template site running on a seperate http server.

If its the latter, You would need something like realserver to take the
video feed and pipe it into the web page, if that makes sense.

There are a fair few software options for streaming video over http, I am
guessing, but they will take a lot of processing power and a lot of
bandwidth. I don't know your requirements, but would a timed snapshot of
each camera say polled once a second, with all six images being displayed
on
1 page be suitable?

It all sounds great though! Once you get it all working, make sure you
publish your solution for everyone!

If you want to email me directly, i'll do my best to help you out. Sounds
like something I wil want to do in my next house :)

Des

Have you
> > tried using a different composite source for testing?
> >
> > The wintv card is a tuner only, no vga output, so no use to you
> > if slots are
> > at a premium.
> >
> > Des

Haupage
> > > worked but
> > > now not sure!
> > >
> > > What is the Win-TV card like, I have seen them for sale but
> > think it is
> > > only a TV card? this might give me the resolution problems I
> > had with the
> > > Haupage card?
> > >
> > > Maybe try one of these and an extra PCI card would be good
> but I cannot
> > > think of anything I can remove!
> > >
> > > Ho Hum, the joys of our hobby!
> > >
> > > B.