RE: New Ipaq's was Home Highway and CI

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: New Ipaq's was Home Highway and CI
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:32:51 -0000

Ok I will:-

Things that are new on the 3850:-

1)       voice recognition (Not very good, it will not work on mine about 5% accurate)

2)       Case much better, a hinge affair with a hard plastic front to protect the screen

3)       Fits the old backs and all work fine

4)       The docking connector is DIFFERENT !!!  it will not work with the Targus keyboard !!!

5)       Faster

6)       Active sync will work with subfolders

7)       Just been reading a 650 paged PDF !

8)       MSN messenger built in (Not used it)

9)       TS client built in

10)   Beams contacts to phones and back again

11)   As said before the transcriber is out of this world, you can write any ware on the screen in upper/lower or joined up script you can write loads without stopping even over text you have already put down when you pause it converts the accuracy I would say is in the region of 95% ! you can still use the keyboard, Block recognizer and the letter recognizer but really with transcriber its not necessary.

12)   Cut and paste much better

I have had to reset a couple of times. I think it has always been while using IBM ViaVoice

John