Re: ADSL - Static IP

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ADSL - Static IP
  • From: chris@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:56:07 +0000 (GMT)

James,

There's probably some obvious flaw in the following but here goes anyway:
Given that you can't reconfigure the firewall to accept dynamic IP, could
you not install a system which will connect to your ADSL line with dynamic
IP but present a static IP to your firewall?  A Linux system running
IP Masquerading and its own firewall might do it ???  There's probably
an M$ way of doing it too.

Chris.