Re: Cheap capture card for montoring...

On Wednesday 28 November 2001 14:13 pm, Gareth Cook wrote:
> say I have a few old homebase cameras
>
> and i want to do remote viewing
>
> i would need a cheap capture card (preferably more than 1)
>
> has anyone know of such a thing ? such as a cheapo wintv card or
similar ?

Now that ITV is on Sky Digi, I have no terrestrial TV going down my coax,
so
what I plan to do is use X10 PIR's & multiple cams modulated onto the
Coax,
then when a PIR is triggered, the vid card is retuned to the frequency of
that camera.

For security puposes where a low fps is acceptable I think I could probably
get away with some form of multiplexing to capture images from more than 1
cam at once.

All using 1 capture card, & all theoretical of course :-)

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
Chief Operations Officer