Latest message you have seen: FS: 2 Outdoor photoelectric detector beams

RE: Cable Service

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cable Service
  • From: dorsai@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:53 +0000

The problem with the cable companies is that the government let them off
the hook.

Basically they changed the rules which originally said a company must offer
service to xx% of homes in EACH franchise area to read that they must offer
service to xx% of homes in ALL their franchises.

This has allowed the cablecos to cherrypick the areas they cover.

Obviously this meant that they went for the areas where they felt they had
a better chance of making a buck.

I am not certain but I think the government relaxed the rules the cablecos
operate under even further after that.

Bottom line is you don't have a cats chance in hell of forcing them to
provide a service if they don't want to.

Mick