Latest message you have seen: Wireless network with the Ipaq

RE: AAARRGGHH - money grabbing ****S

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AAARRGGHH - money grabbing ****S
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 00:18:30 -0000

No probs Phil, will scan at work tomorrow since my home scanner is
currently
offline.

Not sure what they call your tariff but mine is listed as BTICA - BT
Inclusive Call Allowance. Having checked out their website, my tariff does
not even seem to be an option any more. Just no call allowance and the BT
Together stuff listed. My HH install was very early (a few weeks after
launch) so at the time the two options were inclusive and exclusive of
calls
with similar ridiculous call charges for the exclusive version. All the
"together" snail spam goes straight into the round filing cabinet
since it
just seems more money for savings on calls I won't make.

Since at the time of my install I paid for Internet call charges, the
inclusive worked out OK although after freephone numbers and surftime I
rarely used it all. What with forced inclusive calls on the mobile, forced
inclusive calls on the main line and the freedom to make calls from work,
actually using all this call time I am really paying for gets increasingly
difficult.

Contrary to what I was told when I first had the install I was not able to
change to the exclusive tariff after the initial 12 months. Well after some
arguing they said I could if I paid the install charge for it even though I
do not need anything installing and they have had their money's worth!
However, the monthly difference is only £2 now so it is not that big a deal
I guess.

I really hate this progression into "packages" that everything is
heading
towards. I want a line rental without the BS. Seems to be a common trend,
since I also want a TV that is little more than a monitor and let my
"superior to your general TV inclusive stuff" additional
equipment handle
the jobs it is customised to do. When I got the Sony Wega, took me ages to
find one that did not have all the built in surround sound processing that
adds £500 to the price. Finally found a plain old Nicam version in a local
store and bought it there and then. Other than the install, it's tuner,
Nicam processing, speakers and whatever other gadgets are in there have
never been used.

Eeek! I only meant to let you know I was happy to do the scan for you and
ended up ranting about stuff, must stop chatting with the alarm engineer
lol

Mark.

"included"
> calls I now
> > > get 81p's worth per month! Whoopdee doo!
> > >
> > > Fuckwits! Even at 30 H.H. is overpriced!
> > >
> > > Phil

Saturday!!

classified "HOME"

to do