Re: RE:[OT ish] Home Security

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RE:[OT ish] Home Security
  • From: ian@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:40:56 -0000

Hi Alancc

The site has been up for about two years now, with only minor abuse,
One person in the US thought it fun to turn the light on and off many
times, I just barred there range of ip address's from my system.
Someone did also try to insert some HTML code in the guestbook
linking to a topless photo , but the guestbook barrs html thankfully.
I get a few hacking attemps on the site but all visits are logged by
the HA system with ip address etc, I must say the logs show quite a
few extra hits since I mentioned the site yesterday on here though!
Also not all the site is available, there is a separate part that is
protected to only those who have access to my win2k network and all
the other HA switchable items are on a separate web server.

Ian D

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Alancc" <alan.cc@n...> wrote:
> Ian
>
> Camera works great, does it not bother you though making it and the
site info available on the web?

> Alancc

running MS encoder 7.1. This streams live audio and video out to the
net but can also record it disk at the same time, this runs 24/7. I
also have an external PIR which picks up movement on the drive,
depending on the time of day etc this will trigger all outside
lighting and play a sound effect on the in house audio setup. It has
been running fine now for 18 months. When I move I've got 3 2.4GHz
cams to add as well but to busy at the minute. If you want to see it
in action go to www.galeforce9.co.uk and select webcam from the menu.
Let everything load, you will need to switch the flood light on with
the option in the pop up box before you will see anything. If to many
people log on at once you might not get anything I've only got a ISDN
channel to stream out on, Good luck catching the B^%$^%^s.