Re: ISDN Routers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ISDN Routers
  • From: patrickl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:23:09 -0000

And I have the Netgear model. Does what it says on the tin, but
doesn't support the CAPI stuff (at least mine doesn't).
Very reliable.
If you have Homehighway or the Eircom equivalent, the CAPI stuff will
be irrelevant, since you'll probably want to receive incoming calls
on the analogue rather than digital port, and HH doesn't support
Caller ID on the digital port.

Patrick

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Graham P. Howe" <graham@s...> wrote:
> I have the ZyXel 202 and it is excellent. As well as all the usual
> router stuff it supports CAPI over the LAN so I can get my CAPI
based
> telephone software (caller ID, answerphone etc) running on any
networked
> machine. I currently have one machine (the server) running the
> answerphones with others (our two main desktops) running caller ID.
That