OT: Self Build - Architecture

Everyone,

I thought Id post my one(!) off topic message this year ;-)

I know some of you guys have experience with self builds but im interested
in information regarding architecure of self builds and in particular for
wooden shell houses with energy efficient components etc.  As you can
imagine i have no knowledge of this subject at all so consider me a novice
in this field.

If someone has any references etc it would be appreciated if you could
conact me off list at kieran.broadfoot@xxxxxxx

Thanks
kieran