[KAT5] Any Kat5 users here with lots of units?

  • Subject: [KAT5] Any Kat5 users here with lots of units?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:43:10 -0000

Just wondering if there=92s anyone else here that uses a large number
of Ka=
t5 (or similar) units here?

I=92m planning on building a custom 2U/3U rack unit that=92ll hold a
number=
(maybe up to 10) Kat5 units and bring the connections out to:

Front panel =96 RJ45 connectors + power on LED indicators
Rear panel =96 Mains power + 4 x BNC connectors for each unit (RGB/YUV +
di=
gital audio or S-Video + Audio =96 all would be brought out to the same
set=
of connectors)

Not sure yet whether I=92d build in a PSU in the rack or use an external
PS=
U.

I thought I=92d offer this out to the list for economies of scale in
buying=
the bits / getting the panels made if anyone=92s interested?

Paul.

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/=20