Re: [KAT5] Audio Amplification in Switcher?

  • Subject: Re: [KAT5] Audio Amplification in Switcher?
  • From: "big_red_748" <jmacnamara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:34:05 -0000

Thanks Keith,  I shall continue to wait for the launch.

[Advert]:-) My install would make an ideal test bed for trialling the
new KAT5 switcher :-)[Advert]

--- In kat5-users@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@...>
wrote:

> Hi John
>
> > When the new modular KAT5 switcher is available (any update on
when
> > that is likely to be?) will it provide amplified audio to send
> > directly to speakers?
> >

> Software is 80% done, just had to migrate to a larger processor as
I ran out
> of code space!!
>
> There will be an add on unit that provides Whole House Audio
capability

> > If so,
> > 1. Will it be stereo or Dolby 5.1 etc...?
> > 2. Will you be able to control the volumne remotely?
>
> It will be analogue Stereo with remote control of Volume, Bass,
Middle,
> Treble, and Balance.
>
> Because some people are now distributing Component + SPDIF I could
add an IR
> output for each zone that would enable a 5.1 amp to be located in
node zero
> and controlled from the room.
>

> > It is just that all my ceiling speaker cables come back to node 0
> > which is where any audio/video switcher would also be situated
and I
> > am in the midst of deciding how I am going to provide
amplification
> > to the speakers. I don't want to buy an expensive multi zone amp
if
> > it will all be integrated in the new switcher!

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/