RE: [KAT5] KAT5 MkII IR to Sky+

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] KAT5 MkII IR to Sky+
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:30:56 +0100

Hi Phil,

I have got one other person who is having problems but I dont know why :-(

He is actually using the Pacelink RF2 device to inject the IR directly into
the Skybox.

His setup works perfectly, the one in his sisters house which is basically
an identical setup is working intermittantly.

I think I need to order Sky+ so that I can test this out for myself. Are
there different models of SKY+ boxes, if so, which model does you friend
have?

As far as I am aware, the ONLY difference between SKY and SKY+ is actually
the codes used. The protocol is the same so there is no reason whatsoever
for it not to work on SKY+

Will keep you informed as to progress.

Regards