RE: [KAT5] KAT5 MkII IR to Sky+

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] KAT5 MkII IR to Sky+
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:45:26 +0100

Hi Phil,

Still havent been able to replicate the problem yet but am working on it.

I have used one of the Pacelink RF2 devices on KAT5 to directly inject IR
into the Sky box with good results. www.pacelink.co.uk/rf2link.htm

This eliminates the need for the IR emitter.

Does your freind get better results when trying close to the IR reciever ?

What type of TV does he have in the room ? CRT, LCD, Plasma ?

Any energy saving lamps ?

It could be that something else is being picked up which is causing
distortion of the signal, likewise the IR signal being received might be
picking up a reflection as well as the direct signal which could also
corrupt it. Different formats of IR signal operate at different speeds and
would be more tollerant of a slightly distorted signal.

You can observe the difference by noticing how the brightness of the
Receive
LED varies with different brands of remote control.

Regards

Of Keith Doxey
> Sent: 16 September 2005 10:31
> To: kat5-users@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [KAT5] KAT5 MkII IR to Sky+
>

> Hi Phil,
>
> I have got one other person who is having problems but I dont know why
:-(

> He is actually using the Pacelink RF2 device to inject the IR
> directly into
> the Skybox.
>
> His setup works perfectly, the one in his sisters house which is
basically
> an identical setup is working intermittantly.
>
> I think I need to order Sky+ so that I can test this out for myself.
Are
> there different models of SKY+ boxes, if so, which model does you
friend
> have?
>
> As far as I am aware, the ONLY difference between SKY and SKY+ is
actually
> the codes used. The protocol is the same so there is no reason
whatsoever
> for it not to work on SKY+
>
> Will keep you informed as to progress.
>
> Regards
>
> Keith

networking
> Wireless
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+ne

tworking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication
> +and+networking&c=2&s=77&.sig=C2VMYm3EZ13VjeE5NNaKDg>
> communication and networking
>
>   _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group " kat5-users