[KAT5] Question from non-expert

  • Subject: [KAT5] Question from non-expert
  • From: "erstwing_challenge" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:19:31 -0000

Hi all

Pardon me if this is a silly question, but I would be grateful to
know the answer. A bit of background:

I have been using 3 receivers together with a single transmitter for
some time. I have used the patchable system configuration. I have
recently added a fourth receiver in my kitchen that has only a single
CAT5 outlet, so I moved the terminated receiver here. In the bedroom
where I did have the terminated receiver there is a second CAT5
outlet at the other end of the room, so I am currently using a long
patch lead to reach it.

What I would like to know is whether there is any way that I could
use 2 terminated receivers in the same circuit (by some combination
of splitters or whatever). It would save me trailing a patch lead. If
not I will eventually run another CAT5 from the loft.

Thanks

Mark Fulford

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/