[KAT5] Re: KAT5 and SPDIF?

  • Subject: [KAT5] Re: KAT5 and SPDIF?
  • From: "thr021273" <thr021273@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:55:09 -0000

--- In kat5-users@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@d...>
wrote:
> Hi [sorry you havent told us your name!]

Sorry about that:-) My name is Thomas Pontoppidan. It wrote you a
while back with some questions regarding RGB and SPDIF before I found
the forum.

> All is not lost

Great!

> You would need to refit the termination when you wanted to change
> over to SPDIF.

Is this easily done?

> Mk2 units will have switchable termination)

Mk2? I haven't seen any mention of Mk2. Any idea when it will be
available?

> Composite, S-Video, Component and RGBS all use the same circuitry,
> just
> 1,2,3 or 4 circuits respectively therefore you can carry whatever
> mix you
> want. eg 2 lots of S-Video.
>
> Hope that helps

It certainly does. I think I've got a pretty clear picture now. Now
the only thing missing is a 5 channel mk2 version using two cat5
cables for RGB+SPDIF or 1 cable for s-video+stereo (assuming this
could be made at a lower price than 2 separate 4 channel units) :-)

Thomas

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/