[KAT5] Re: KAT5 and SPDIF?

  • Subject: [KAT5] Re: KAT5 and SPDIF?
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:43:18 -0000

--- In kat5-users@xxxxxxx, "thr021273" <thr021273@y...>
wrote:

> Thank you both for your answers! That's not encouraging news:-(

I think that I may have misunderstood your requirement.

The standard KAT5 product I have has 4 channels:

- Two analogue audio
- One composite video
- One S-Video

Here's what I'd thought you wanted:

1: You can meet the initial requirement trivially

- Composite video runs over the composite channel
- L analogue audio runs over the L audio channel
- R analogue audio runs over the R audio channel
- S Video is unused

You can meet the final requirement

2: - S-Video runs over the S-Video channel
- SP/DIF runs over the composite video channel (carry all 6 channels
of audio)
- L Audio unused
- R Audio unused

The only problem comes during the upgrade if you want to use a
composite video (rather than an S-Video) _AND_ SP/DIF at the same time.

Have I misunderstood?

Regards,

Mark

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at