[KAT5] Gradual darkening of picture

  • Subject: [KAT5] Gradual darkening of picture
  • From: "erstwing_challenge" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:26:30 -0000

I recently increased my KAT5 outlets from 3 to 4. When I did I noticed
that outlet 4 appears significantly darker than outlet 1. I have tried
a number of permutations of sequence and number and have determined
that the effect is not caused by any particular outlet but by how far
down the chain the outlet is. So, outlets 1 & 2 are always bright, 3 is
noticably darker and 4 is significantly darker.

What I need to know is whether this is expected, whether anything can
be done to improve the situation and whether future outlets 5 & 6 will
be even worse.

Thanks for any advice.

Mark Fulford

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at