[KAT5] Re: Conecting UK phones to Cat 5

  • Subject: [KAT5] Re: Conecting UK phones to Cat 5
  • From: "simonstill" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:26:59 -0000

Nice idea about splitting the BT cables along the patch panel.

However, I'm having some problems of another sort at the moment.  My
CAT5 cabling is working (ie all the right connections) and with my
ADSL router downstairs near the socket it works fine.  The router is
then patched to a switch upstairs in Node 0 to which everything else
is patched.

If I put the phone line through the CAT5 and the router at node 0 the
connection becomes unreliable and I had to repeatedly reset the
router.  Any suggestions?