[KAT5] New to all this!

  • Subject: [KAT5] New to all this!
  • From: "nick121973uk" <nick121973uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:38:05 -0000

Hi all,

I am new to the group as was wondering what would be the best way to
ask about converting my current set up to cat5?
Currently I have the following.

Sony Sky box, linked to my tivo via one scart, the other scart goes
to a RGB to SVHS converter. This then goes to my VCR as s-video.

The S-video from the vcr goes to a av distribution amp, and feeds
the lounge TV,2nd VCR, Bedroom TV and Study TV.

MY Echostar Sat R'xer is connected to the VCR by Scart,the 2nd scart
o/p goes to another distribution amp feeding the Lounge TV and Tv in
the bedroom.

I would like to be able to hide away the Recivers and TIVo in the
attic. Ideally, I would like to be able to have a similar set up,
but have the ability of multiple feeds from each bit of kit. This
would enable me to record one input and watch another on the tv. OR
VCR1 records from the Echostar, Tivo from the SKY and VCR2 from
another source.  I have some issues concerning me.
1. Will I loose and quality in video/audio?
2. Will all my R/C's work with this set up, currently my tivo R/C
stuggles with my powermid.
3. Will I be able to connect a future DVD recorder, O/P from my pc
to all this?

Hope someone can help me, and that the cost wont be through the roof!

Thanks all!