Re: Multidrop KVMA?

  • Subject: Re: Multidrop KVMA?
  • From: ihatetripe
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:57:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=ghXKe71eDB_Q6yG9lvWT_DOeLITu2RWK1b1WouHkcKy_qaIZk7fhKfjAUVoj6qghTagyCVqWJ1InbvrGf70QVl4v7IE">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>,
"matt_miles_uk" <m_miles@b...>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just joined this list and been reading up on the basics at Keiths
> website.
>
> I was wondering if there were any plans to implement a multidrop
> KVMA solution via KAT5? Basically, I use an old PC as a media
> server and wondered if it would be possible to use the KAT5 system
> to feed either VGA or s-video, stereo sound and either keyboard OR
> mouse from the server to recievers located in other rooms. I know
> that one way of acheiving this is by using remote extenders but
they
> are often very expensive (at lease a couple of hundered pounds).
>
> Just wondering if a cheaper alternative to the above or placing
> terminals around the house is possible.
>
> Any thoughts?

I use Kat5 for the same purpose. Watch Divxs on my TV from my PC and
MP3s through amplifiers through the house. As far as I know kat5 does
not provide a way of sending mouse/keyboard signals. I get this
functionality by controlling these with my bluetooth phone. I will be
getting bluetooth keyboard and mouse when I have some money.

James