Re: The Switcher

  • Subject: Re: The Switcher
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:19:00 +0000

Quoting <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=ogwMAQ23kEro378lHorQA0cqD85PRM8rbFYUhrkFKSUbO4vF2OpJY3i9Q0WV4dPjOwt8pwJfaDcDlBBRUrQbOA">lists@a...</a>:

> > Can you tell me if the switcher which is being developed allows
one
> > to feed in one input and then simultaneously fan it out to a
number
> > of outputs, or can you only have it switched to one output at a
time ?

> The plan would be to allow it to feed to a number of output
simultaneously.
> Indeed, should you so desire, I believe it will be possible to feed
> different parts to different outputs simultaneously - eg audio left to
one
> room, audio right to another, luminance elsewhere....etc
> (Not that it necessarily makes any sense to do that of course!)

Any input to any number of outputs
Any combination of inputs to any combination of outputs

eg
IP 1 to OP 3 &amp; 5
IP 2 to OP 4
IP 5 to OP 6 &amp; 7
IP 6 to OP 1 &amp; 2 &amp; 8
all at the same time

As Tony says, it will also be possible to split Audio and Video so you
could
have IP3 Video and IP6 Audio fed to OP7 etc.

HTH

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv