RE: [KAT5] RE: Rewire Planning

Ben,

Yes, you must keep the Low Voltage and mains physically separated. That
means
running separate trunking but you still save hassle by doing it at the same
time. One other thing to watch out for is the rules for drilling holes or
cutting slots in joists which are not obvious.

Kevin

Quoting Ben Harper <benjaminjharper@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your input - I'm going to have a little think about this
over
> the weekend and write up a proper spec sheet of what I need/want to
> accomplish and will probably finish that early next week.
>
> Anyone else have any ideas for something that I haven't thought about
> yet? Putting CAT5 to each switch sounds like a good idea to me, apart
> from the fact I thought running CAT5/mains creates two problems: a)
> inductance/interference in the LV lines and b) is not permitted under
> the UK building regs to put LV and HV in the same box/conduit?
>
> Benjamin

D=groups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1102770177/A=2455396/R=0/SIG=119u9qmi7/*htt