[KAT5] RE: Rewire Planning

  • Subject: [KAT5] RE: Rewire Planning
  • From: "Brian Milton" <bmilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:58:28 -0000

Hi Benjamin,

I've just finished wiring my house and am currently plastering.  I ran a
lot
of cable (I'm sick of it at this stage).  Sorting it all out now is the
problem.  Any way this is what I ran.
Front room(Cinema) 16xCat5e, 8 Speaker connections (7.1 you never know,
THX!)
Kitchen/Dinning room 10xCat5e, 6 Speaker Connections
Living Room 8xCat5e, 4 Speaker Connections
Downstairs toilet 2xCat5e
Hall/Landing 4 Cat5e
3 Bedrooms 6x Cat5e, 4 Speaker Connections in each room
Bathroom 2 Cat5e & 2 In-Ceiling speakers
Cat5e to every light switch as well.
I used 6 core alarm cable for all windows/doors and used it for PIR's in
each room as well
I also ran cat5e to the temp on walls up & downstairs and to the
motorised
valves on the heating system.

Each Cat5e socket has a twin power socket beside it and I've put 5Amp
sockets beside them in the front room controlled buy the light
switch/remote.

I also ran a DVI, S-Video, 4 composite cables from Node 0 to projector.
I have cat5e & coax running up to roof for sky and terrestrial and
Wireless
broadband connection.
I am putting all my equipment in node 0 so I will just have screens & a
IR
receiver in each room around the house that goes back to node 0 over the
Cat5e.  No boxes on tables or floor.  Nice and neat.

I also ran a couple of 4" pipes under the floor from Node 0 to font
and back
of house.  Just encase I want to get cables outside later. I have a garage
detached from the house and will be working on that when I move into the
house and I can run any cables I need out to it trough the pipes without
having to mess with the house.

Just taught it might be a bit of a guide for you.  I would recommend
putting
cat5e sockets in each corner of the room.  You'll never have it in the
place
you need it later.  It's certainly worth sitting down and drawing up what
you think you need then double it!!... :-)

I hope it is of some use

Regards
Brian