Re: [KAT5] Newbie type question...

  • Subject: Re: [KAT5] Newbie type question...
  • From: "m_surgenor" <zen8432@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:06:16 -0000

looking at the Keene site tonight there seems to be a vast price=20
difference in what they have available (from =A390 - =A3500) but=20
everything seems to be 1 input to multiple outputs (varying from 2 to=20
10).  So if I had three sources (Sky+, Media Server, Freeviewbox) I=20
wanted to distribute to say 4 TVs around the house I would need=20
something like this http://tinyurl.com/5vphx  - times three
(one for=20
each source)?

Actually I have 5 TVs but I can't see anything on the Keene site I=20
could afford!  :-)

Malcolm

--- In kat5-users@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Malcolm,
>=20
> You'll need some kind of video distribution amp.
>=20
> I have an Extron MAV128 which is a 12 input, 8 output AV switcher=20
with RS232 control - expensive though. I also built a 1 in, 3 out=20
distribution amplifier that has 6 circuits - time consuming to build=20
though.
>=20
> There are cheaper alternatives from places like Keene:
>=20
> www.keene.co.uk
>=20
> Loads of options from companies like Kramer and a few scart=20
distribution units too (cheaper generally). What you need really=20
depends on how many sources you want to distribute. The beauty of the=20
Extron switcher I have is that every input is amplified and can be=20
sent to any or all of the 8 outputs with stereo audio. The audio can=20
also be broken away from the video and again sent to any output. This=20
is known as a matrix switcher.
>=20
> The other alternative would be Keiths switcher once it's ready but=20
I guess that's still a way off yet.