RE: [KAT5] Newbie type question...

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] Newbie type question...
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:35:20 -0000

Hi Malcolm

There are basically three ways.

1. Have two sets of KAT5 and feed each room separately. To do this you will
either need a DVD player with multiple outputs (most have several), or use
small distribution amp as Paul has suggested, of feed the same signal into
multiple KAT5 transmitters but to do this you would have to have all but
one
of the transmitters withiut the input termination fitted to avoid multiple
termination of the video signal.

2. Daisy chain receivers. A single KAT5 transmitter can drive several
receivers but as Graham has said, you need two cables to each intermediate
room.  Also if you want to use KAT5 IR you can only have one IR capable
receiver on a daisychain so that may not be an option.

3. As you suggested, only have one receiver connected at any time but swap
the patch cord.

Hope that helps