[KAT5] Re: Wiring House (Next Step)

  • Subject: [KAT5] Re: Wiring House (Next Step)
  • From: "Ant" <ant_marsh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:03:01 -0000

Thanks for that Keith.

Just to let you know, I do intend to invest in some KAT5 modules once I'm
in the
house and have all the wiring sorted. :o)

Anyone have any feedback on my other 2 questions....

---snip---
2 - "At least 4 wires to every room" - interestingly I have done
this on the design
already although I'm still thinking about adding more. I know this may
sound daft but
I've got none going to any bathooms or toilets - has anyone actually run
cat5e to
such rooms?

3 - Is there anywhere else I might want to consider running a cable e.g. an
external
socket?
---snip---

Cheers
Ant

--- In kat5-users@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@d...>
wrote:
> Hi Ant,
>
> Answers below
>
> > 1 - Sharing Audio - I notice you mentioned about speakers being
> > an issue Ke= ith - can
> > you clarify this further regards how to use audio then? Am I
> > right in think= ing that by
> > this you mean audio should be "sent" via cat5e, for
example, to
> > an amplifie= r rather
> > than speakers themselves?
> >

> Not an issue, just that CAT5 cable is not suitable for carrying the
large
> currents demanded by loudspeakers.
>
> CAT5 is ideally suited to the distribution of Balanced Line Level
Audio from