Re: Re: Going Cat5

  • Subject: Re: Re: Going Cat5
  • From: Shaf Ali
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:49:00 +0000

No no no wrong end of the stick my friend... I was thinking of modding a
conventional PC TFT monitor to receive s-video without the need of a PC -
just slap the screen on the wall get an SVIDEO convertor.... cheap, nasty,
done.

Guess this is more grief than is necessary so might just as well go for an
LCD TV.

I have over 20 PC's (some in clusters stripped as mobos, powereed by PSU's
etc) online at home and you'll only be able to see 3 ( The vaio notebook,
The Osiris(embedded silent mini computer for HA) and the shuttle desktop PC
in the boxroom). Even though I have modded all my computer equipment by
hacking out Fans out of the PSU's etc sound pollution is crucial to me.

So no way do I want a PC to be directly connected to a TFT/LCD TV unless
it's completely silent and tiny like my Osiris (no harddisk, no noisy PSU :
just a small box with a 12v dc block).

Shaf