Re: Availability

  • Subject: Re: Availability
  • From: Tom Bishop
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:04:00 +0000

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=QAA97OzyNBivgM9lPKZOKjyyYyIWsJH-KUZhEMYQ1UN6EhjAn15jTL8Xern2KRQsMz1I2LiSpAnPZy6xWeQ">tpbishop@e...</a>>:

> > As an interested customer in the United States, is there a way
> > to get these products purchased and delivered in the US? I
> > noticed the prices are listed in UK currency, and I'm wondering
> > if this is an intent to limit distribution.
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
> >

>Hi Tom,
>
>Welcome to the KAT5 list.

Thanks...it's quite fascinating.

>There is a simple reason why the prices are in UK currency.
>
>KAT5 is built in the UK and my bank account is in UK currency :-)

Entirely understandable...%^)

>Whilst there is no deliberate attempt to limit KAT5 to the
>UK (there are currently about 10 sets in use in other
>countries as far away as Australia) I should point out
>that the standard connector used on KAT5 is the European
>SCART connector.
>
>I can supply an adapter that will enable RCA Jacks and
>MiniDin S-Video connectors to be used but this obviously
>adds to the cost.

Okay, this is helpful. As I'm primarily interested only in audio at the
moment,
can you give me some approximate pricing for RCA Jacks (and Pounds is
acceptable...I can convert).

>You would have to supply your own power supplies as
>I am unable to supply US style 120v Wall Warts.

No problem...what power is required?...is it something reasonable like
9v DC?

Finally, at the risk of pointing me to a competitor, do you know of other
suppliers of similar gear here in the US (accepting that it will likely be
more
expensive, even without the currency conversion)?
Thanks,
Tom

Tom Bishop (512) 422-2601 (cell)
4403 Elohi Drive (512) 330-0964 (home)
Austin, TX 78746-1637 (512) 330-0970 (fax)