Re: Where do you folks get your cat5 cables from, and which ones work for you?

  • Subject: Re: Where do you folks get your cat5 cables from, and which ones work for you?
  • From: Andrew Franklin
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:46:00 +0000

One place I have found useful is TLC (www.tlc-direct.co.uk).

They supply a range of electrical goodies which include many of the
CAT5 bits and bobs you require. Their CAT5 range is made by Philex
(www.philex.com) and is of good quality. Prices are also reasonable.

I have found the 'Clipseal' brand of CAT5 units expensive and the
sockets themselves are not that sturdy!!

Andrew

>>> <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=7sBII4cWVTGi1kv-UjrWo0MlFgL2XjHQ2DNQ5q5tznC1HRlCLRV0VABWRAF5muS4gfdRE_LB">gyre@k...</a>
21/08/03 12:12:46 >>>
Thanks Paul and Keith.

I'm just looking for boring white faceplates. Just something to hide
the
holes I'm about to drill, and let me use patch cables within the
rooms.

Will check out rapidelectronics.

-- gyre --