Re: Wiring up a patch panel

  • Subject: Re: Wiring up a patch panel
  • From: ihatetripe
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:56:00 +0000

Here is a picture of the sockets

I have a cheapy punch down tool and that wont fit. Are there
different types of punch down tools?

--- In <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=tL_uuOIOx0rK8u0O_d-4NJxFt6XKTvI85gykk2GTu_43yw6p8JobcruaeTWZnGOQjp_3M88vXGNpdoMCDwrXxWI">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Paul S. Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Maybe it just uses a standard punchdown as I mentioned before but
then a top 'cover' is snapped on to provide some additional strain
relief????

> As Keith says, best to take a pic and show us or provide a link to
some other online info if you have any?

> Paul.

Amphenol
> connectors and there was a jig whereby you fanned the cable out
into some
> plastic fingers that held the wire, placed the body of the
connector in the
> holder and then swung the large handle from one side to the other
> terminating all 50 wires in one go. That tool was several hundred
pounds :-(

> Keith
>
> www.diyha.co.uk
> www.kat5.tv

<<a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17";>http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17</a>
05004726:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default
?mqso=60178294&amp;partid=3170658> click here

> <<a href="http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?";>http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?</a>
M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1693353/rand=551
654146>

> <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=iOmBfinoTHd0a0Givbeu-zx14CQaok6FqWEtLBwqx5WJKaWj9b5lm321OAR86qUbEUU2hk8W0FAAPeLzVbkNzYh9rWZL28WHABcV">kat5-users-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>

<<a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a>>