RE: Connecting KAT5 TX to source SCART

  • Subject: RE: Connecting KAT5 TX to source SCART
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:36:00 +0000

Hi Gyre

I "meant" to add termination links to the Mk1 boards but only
realised I had
forgotten once I sent artwork off and had the boards made. As Mark says,
the
Mk2's will be switchable but ther pysically isnt enough space to include a
loop through socket without moving to much large cases.

The only physical difference is the presence or absence of some resistors
so
it isnt too much of a problem to convert from one to another.

One thought occurs to me though. What sort of Digibox do you have. Mine
doesnt support S-Video and to date, most people using KAT5 with a Digibox
who want S-Video use an RGBtoS-Video converter from www.rgbtosvideo.com
which overcomes the "two into one wont go" issue as it has loop
through.

If your Digibox does support S-Video and has a dedicated Minidin for the
S-Video you could use that and the Audio out phonos with a SCART adapter.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv