Re: KAT5 and Plasma

  • Subject: Re: KAT5 and Plasma
  • From: steve_parsons2000
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:26:00 +0000

I've got a Tosh (clone of panny). I'm using KAT5 RGB modules (with
SCART connections - which was a custom job provided by Keith) to send
the output from my cable box/DVD player (using a switcher) from my
study to the lounge. At that end I've got a Jon Sim RGB->VGA video
converter & am feeding that into the plasma using the VGA
connection. It all works brilliantly - I'm very happy with the
picture. Its definately better than my S-video KAT5 connection
(although that was good too). Its no more complicated than that.
You could feed the plasma with just S-video but it seems a bit of a
shame when you've spent £3k upwards on a monitor not to feed it with
the best possible piccie.

One thing I may do when I upgrade to a progressive scan DVD player is
ask keith to provide me with a set of KAT5 component video modules
(using phono connections) so that I can send progressive signals into
the plasma (as prog scan is only output on the component out of DVD
players). However, I've (over)spent my budget on toys for this year
so that'll have to wait.

Cheers,

Steve