RE: KAT5 question

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 question
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:54:00 +0000

Hi Amar,

I do know why you get the RED Picture.

Your KAT5 units are AVS designed to carry S-Video and Stereo.

They expect...
Composite Video or Y/C_Luma on Pin 20/19 (IN/OUT)
Y/C_Chroma on Pin 15
Left Audio on 6/3 (IN/OUT)
Right Audio on 2/1 (IN/OUT)

By comparison, RGB is actually 4 video signals

Composite Sync on Pin 20/19 (IN/OUT) [Same as above]
Red Video on Pin 15 [Same pin as used by Y/C_Chroma]
Green Video on Pin 11 [KAT5 AVS does not use this pin]
Blue Video on Pin 7 [KAT5 AVS does not use this pin]

which explains why you get a Red picture as you have an RGB signal without
the Green and Blue!

I dont know why you get the instability problem with the

NTL_RGB2SVideo_KAT5TX_CAT5_KAT5RX_Projector setup.

Several people are happliy using the RGB2SVideo converters with KAT5.
Is it ONLY the projector that suffers this problem ?
Is it ONLY when using NTL as the source ?

What happens if you try

DVD_RGB2SVideo_KAT5TX_CAT5_KAT5RX_Projector

or

DVD(SVideo)_KAT5TX_CAT5_KAT5RX_Projector

or

PC-TVout(S-Video)_KAT5TX_CAT5_KAT5RX_Projector

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv