Re: Advice on sending video and audio around my house ... ?

  • Subject: Re: Advice on sending video and audio around my house ... ?
  • From: tefxp
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:25:00 +0000

Hence the '?' on the end. I wasn't sure.
Now I know :)
So why is it still a bad idea to put cat5 near mains lines?
And why can I hear a buzz on my phone line when I have lots of cat5
outlets patched to a single incoming line???????
(okay, maybe the phone system isn't balanced - does that explain it?)
(how do I solve the prob then apart from VoIP? :-))

--- In kat5-users@y..., "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@b...>
wrote:
> Ethernet IS BALANCED.
>
> That is why CAT5 cable was developed :-)
>
> Keith
>
> www.diyha.co.uk
> www.kat5.tv

correction/packet