RE: Advice on sending video and audio around my house ... ?

  • Subject: RE: Advice on sending video and audio around my house ... ?
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:19:00 +0000

Hi Marcus,

Tony and Mark have answered most of the points and its good to have the
answers given by satisfied customers :-)

KAT5 can be custom built to ANY mix of Audio and Video in either direction
subject to a maximum of 4 circuits in a unit. This is because each circuit
uses one pair in the CAT4 cable and there are only 4 pairs.

Your RF cables should not cause any problems as they a receiving signals
rather than transmitting them so the signal levels are only microvolts.
Also
despite my best efforts at introducing interference to KAT5 I have failed
miserably :-)

So much so that I did a demonstration to Mark McCall where I DELIBERATELY
connected the output of a CD player to the CAT5 cable to cause interference
and it was inaudible on the output of KAT5 despite the fact that if you
listened to either of the wires you could hear both the wanted and unwanted
signals. I then demostrated that I could get just the interference signal
from the distant end as well.

I was hoping to have demonstrated that at the UKHA meet last week but didnt
have time to set it up.... just as well really because nobody brought any
speakers to plug into Tony's amplifier :-(

Current development schedule is....

1. Adding IR functionallity to KAT5 and making the upgrades available
2. Releasing the long overdue KAT5 switcher
3. Releasing the VGA units
4. Developing Digital Audio units which will then give AC3 etc.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv