RE: Craplins RJ45 Splitter

  • Subject: RE: Craplins RJ45 Splitter
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:54:00 +0000

Interesting :-(

Sound as if the one you got was a SPLITTER not a DOUBLER which was what I
was worried about in the first place.

The ones I received were made by MAXVIEW (TP727)

Packaged in a green blister pack.

Can you use a multimeter to tap out the connections and see what they are.
If they are not the same as mine then I would suggest that Maplin should
refund as they are not what they claim to be.

"PU96E RJ45 Double Adapters £3-99"

Not RJ45 SPLITTER.

You do still need to DAISY CHAIN the units and intermediate ones must have
the termination resistors removed.

Keith