RE: [OT] I dont understand the logic.......

  • Subject: RE: [OT] I dont understand the logic.......
  • From: Dr John Tankard
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:16:00 +0000

Looks like we are both having packaging problems.....

My mother-in-law is just bubble wrapping the wifi stuff at the moment
but she has just told me that the larger orders, 2AP and 2 or more cards
wont fit in the carrier packs ;-(

John

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=CNoTZtYeFCZ7IB5fKp20i2-7BWATUi0HGRfidQ88qFmmAiR1_49rpZsw9wfAtXA1z5EVVA__50G-P9MqFCPYxwKz1g">keith.doxey@b...</a>]
> Sent: 09 March 2002 17:03
> To: KAT5 (E-mail)
> Subject: [KAT5] [OT] I dont understand the logic.......
>

> ..... behind Consignia
>
> Let me explain....
>
> Current Affairs are not my strong point but I do know the following
>
> 1. Consignia is really the Post Office
> 2. Consignia are in deep doo-doo due to loss of business
> 3. KAT5 is delivered by the Post Office
>
> Why is this relevant, well, people who have already received
> KAT5 orders will know that they arrive in a sturdy cardboard
> box with "Post Office" printed all over it. These are
> supplied as a sheet of precut cardboard with origami
> instructions to convert it into a rigid and robust cardboard
> box, a task at which by now I have become quite adept.
>
> Now the problem......
>
> The KAT5 production line has developed a slight hiccup, I've
> run out of boxes. Not to worry said I, on Saturday I will go
> the newly opened Post Office in the town centre and buy
> another stock of them. Now its bad enough that the new Post
> Office is right in the middle of a pedestrianised area unlike
> the old one where you could park outside, but.... the new
> Post Office DOESN'T SELL BOXES. What made it worse was the
> fact that it was the second Post Office I had been in today
> that didnt sell them.
>
> <RANT MODE>
> How the hell can the Post Office (or more correctly
> "Consignia'd to the
> dustbin") expect people to post parcels when they dont stock
> the boxes to put them in! </RANT MODE>
>
> I also tried WH Smith....zilch. Finally saw a similar box in
> Partners but it was a different make, slightly smaller, and
> not such strong cardboard. It was like one I tried before
> purchasing the Post Office ones.
>
> I didnt buy it though because I know a Post Office where I
> will be able to get the "proper" ones, just have to wait til
> Monday or Tuesday to get them. I absolutely REFUSE to pay
> £2-49 for a box that is inferior to the ones I normally get
> at 79 pence each.
>
> This kind of hassle I can really do without :-((
>
> Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

<a