Re: KAT5 Switcher

  • Subject: Re: KAT5 Switcher
  • From: keithdoxey
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:51:00 +0000

You could try, but I wouldnt count on any success, you will be
sending an unbalanced signal which is designed for short cables only.
The capacitance of the CAT5 may distort the signal quite badly
leading to corruption or no output.

You wont do any damage unless it comes into contact with a voltage
somewhere so give it a try.

Keith

--- In kat5-users@y..., "Dan Khan \(Work\)" <dhk@i...>
wrote:
> Thanks Keith,
>
> All your efforts are much appreciated!
>
> Re: the digital audio; in the mean time until KAT5 DA arrives, do
you think
> there would be too many problems sending raw bitstream over CAT5 to
amp?

> Cheers,
> -Dan

Switcher. Will
also be
> > releasing the VGA units sometime this year. If only I didnt have
to do the
> > day job but still had the money coming in.
> >
> > Keith

Cat5, do I
> > need a (potential future) KAT5 module? What issues would I face
just
> > sending, say, a soundcard output down 30m of Cat5 into an Amp?
Since this