Re: KAT5 Switcher

  • Subject: Re: KAT5 Switcher
  • From: Dan Khan \(Work\)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:41:00 +0000

Hi Keith,

Any idea when the IR Kat5s will be ready to go? I'm holding off ordering
non-IR's until this has been tested - rough ballpark figure maybe? :-)

On another tangent - if I want to put a digital bitstream down Cat5, do I
need a (potential future) KAT5 module? What issues would I face just
sending, say, a soundcard output down 30m of Cat5 into an Amp? Since this
is a digital signal (AC-3), would it be as susceptible to noise as a
speaker-level audio signal? Or would there not be enough power to drive the
signal that distance?

Regards,
-Dan