RE: Digest Number 65

  • Subject: RE: Digest Number 65
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:04:00 +0000

> >Ah, so you had the problem regardless of whether or not Kat5 was
in
> >the loop.... this is not quite the same as me.....
>
> Sorry - my post wasnt clear:
> nokia - tv - kat5- tv2 = blue screen on tv2
> nokia - kat5 - tv2 = blue screen on tv2
> nokia - tv2 = picture

I see what you mean now - same problem as I get
Keith kindly phoned me last night with a few suggestions to try next.
The kind chap even offered to send me a 75ohm resistor - how's that for
service??

> >True, but as I have demonstrated by my lack of knowledge,
composite
> >seems to travel quite happily thru svideo circuits - all my
sources,
> but the difference in quality between composite and s-video
> is significant.

My point was that if you need to switch composite then it is works sending
it over the svideo circuits.
I was pleasantly surprised that my standard video & sky boxes
seemed to
support svideo from scart, but of course it was only composite.
With VHS anyway there's bugger all difference because it is a kack medium
anyway.
I am mixing composite from these with svideo from my DVD player and, until
6
months ago, svideo from my LD player (sadly now deceased).

cheers,

Tony