RE: Sky''s the limit :-(

  • Subject: RE: Sky''s the limit :-(
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:09:00 +0000

Keith,

My setup is as follows:

Panasonic Sky box ---SCART--- Yamaha DSPA-3090 amp (svideo connection) ---
Svideo ---- Philips 32" TV.
I broke the connection between the sky box & the amp and inserted
the TX/RX
units there.
The TV just blue screened, indicative of no signal present.

I can't connect the TV directly to the SKY box as they are in different
rooms of the house, but I can't see the amp causing any problems between
the
two....

I conencted the sky box directly to a flat panel LCD & no joy there
either,
but in fairness, I have never connected anything other than a PC to it, so
can't say for definite that I had the LCD configured correctly. I'll have a
go tonight connecting the DVD to the LCD just to be sure that it does
function as it should, then try the SKY box again. I suspect though that it
will still not work :-(

If the KAT5 modules faithfully reproduce the original signal, then surely
the sky box should always produce a piccie on the TV or always _not_
produce
one on the TV regardless of the presence of the KAT5 units?

Regarding modifying the units to alter the termination: It would need to
work for all sources, not just the Sky box as I want to use the amp to
switch sources and take a feed from the amp to the Tx unit.

cheers,

Tony.

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=CROfFAn7MLexzt4a4IQtR5bjDQt9Q_pxGqVy1GrKxDUdlWykuNu_tuA0x9yS4PmYz9rh6Hzh_PccHzlV64cJ">kat5users@d...</a>]
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=XZgwHhdX-zUH0Q-3Z1PuQP5GjU36hCa-DoWXM3s-IX-oEBIPq1pRGCefU_szt5fbt6bldA36cKRN4S7nyBGiuDseRw">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>