RE: RE: was Digital Audio/ now Ir and IRDA

  • Subject: RE: RE: was Digital Audio/ now Ir and IRDA
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:54:00 +0000

Ken,

I'll agree that most moby users couldn't give a hoot about IR,
but for most PDA & laptop users, this sort of connectivity is very
important.
One reason for bluetooth is that it negates the need for line fo sight
comms,
so phone stays in pocket whilst u surf the web with your PDA.....

It is a rather annoying fact of life that the big manufacturers usually
only
cater
for the largest markets (one reason us minorities stay minor is because
it's
so
damned hard to do what we want to do :-< ), or like Linn, it's a small
market and
it costs an arm and a leg for it (helping to to stay small).

There are very few ppl out there like Keith who are trying to produce
something
truly useful and at a reasonable price. I do hope that KAT5 takes off for
him as
I'm sure the price of a TX/RX pair, in the quantity he's sold, doesn't
really make
up for the time he's put into developing them.
OTOH, the low cost encourages more ppl to buy to experiment with them, thus
(hopefully)
helping Keith to realise a worthwhile return on his (time) investment.....

Tony

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=1kNLiWdgwcuEEhC5l7Omdyui2K3aPZX0YEEjb6wJUKbBWK3ZE7J5RrEIV2mIP78Da4Fyi3Ho-Ops7FvbvHc">kennwatt@b...</a>]
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=ldcucxv5C-ViG0CDg0I8eVcDUDr--j0ilE_RVKihqMHvRCOjho7uNvoqV_AIztDo3oksxH2q44iffa9nds9S6fj63D0">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=xnD-FH7Ph2ultoJbTWa_QG2zEkWVmco2QQ_wsh033B6ObstOGTJO7mRCv6_pd6EL-guuad-0QVviZyYXfUl0">Tony.BUTLER@r...</a>]